Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Exclusive: Interview With A Disney Mom

It all started when she first met Cinderella at age 3...and ever since she's been obsessed with the Castle. She's the quintessential Disney Mom; she's been going to Disney World for more than 20 years and has seen it all. In this exclusive interview, Hope talks about a few of her favorite things from around The Mouse.

What are your top 4 favorite parks in Walt Disney World?
1. Magic Kingdom
"MK is my favorite because it encompasses the magic of Disney. There is nothing else in The World like walking down Main Street USA and viewing the Castle. Every little girl dreams about living in a castle and meeting the princesses. And this park is your opportunity to really be little girl again."


2. Epcot
"I like Epcot because it is so unique from all the other parks; it's a strolling park. You don't have to be rushed because part of the charm is to notice all of the details."
3. Hollywood Studios
"This is a thrilling park with some HUGE rides. But it also has my favorite princess's (Belle) stage show. It also has my favorite end-of-night spectacular, Fantasmic, where Mickey saves the day."
4. Animal Kingdom
"I hate to rate this last, but it's only because the other 3 are SO great. Animal Kingdom is a great theme park for its beauty and it displays Walt's love for animals. It also has some thrilling rides in Everest and Dinosaur. Oh...and the American Bald Eagle's name in Flight of Wonder is named Hope!"

Favorite Disney Water Park: Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?
"I like Typhoon Lagoon better because for its theming, wave pool and the fact that I think Blizzard Beach is ugly."

What are your top 5 favorite rides/attractions?
1. Cinderella Castle
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Expedition Everest
4. Tower of Terror
5. Dinosaur

What is your top 3 favorite fireworks shows?
1. Fantasmic
"I like Fantasmic the most because you get to see all the Disney characters - especially Mickey...in an epic battle between good and evil...where of course, good prevails."
2. Illuminations
3. Wishes

What is your favorite restaurant?
"Chefs De France. It has a warm, romantic glow...and I will always remember eating there on my honeymoon. The food and service were both superb."

What are your 3 favorite ice cream snacks?
1. Kid's S'mores Ice Cream from Ghirardelli -
"Kids price, big serving, tastes awesome."
2. Dole Whip -
"I love the Dole Whip because of nostalgia sake. It was the one splurge my parents would get when we'd visit when I was young."
2. Ice Cream Shop on Main Street -
"Ice cream with a view."

















Favorite Pin?
"My engagement pin. I love it because it commemorates my engagement in front of the castle. And also, it was my first pin."


Which party did you like more: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party or the Not So Scary Halloween Party?
"First, both are excellent. I would choose the Christmas Party though. Disney does Christmas better than any other holiday. There's something truly special about that time of year at the Magic Kingdom. And the hot cocoa and cookies are awesome."

What is your favorite memory of going to walt disney world?
"How can I choose between meeting Cinderella when I was 3, and KNOWING that it was REALLY her, getting engaged in front of her castle, sharing the magic with my daughter when she met Cinderella, our first date at Epcot, our Honeymoon at the French Quarter and wearing the wedding ears, so many birthday celebrations, the kids first time on each of the rides, especially the big ones...just too hard to choose one."

Which was your favorite hotel we stayed at?
"Port Orleans French Quarter. Love the theming of the hotel and very much loved the horse-drawn carriage ride along the river. If you ever meet Doug, the horse, tell him we say Hi."

What is your least favorite ride/attraction in WDW?
"Sorry Walt - Country Bears. It has to go."

What is the first thing you think of when you think of WDW?
"Hmm, so many great things. But I would say, 'Walt Disney World is magic. It's ageless, it's timeless, it's happiness."

No comments:

Post a Comment